An International High-level Conference on “Multilateral Reform of Investor-State Dispute Resolution: A Dialogue between Different Approaches” will be held in Xi’an City, P. R. China, on 15-16 September 2019.
Key Topics of Discussion for Parallel Sessions
The participants are welcome to submit papers on the reform of ISDS system, including but not limited to the following topics: 1. The theoretical foundations of ISDS Reform;
2. ISDS reform under UNCITRAL;
3. The Rules Amendment of the ICSID;
4. The Modernization of Energy Charter Treaty;
5. The European Approach to ISDS Reform: The Multilateral Permanent Tribunal;
6. The American Approach to ISDS Reform: USMCA;
7. The Asian Pacific Approach to ISDS Reform: CPTPP, RCEP and the Belt and Road Initiative;
8. China’s Role in ISDS Reform.
Application and Deadline for Submissions
Proposals around 800 words and a CV (including your affiliation, main publications and contact information) should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (and copied to Dr Peng Wang: email@example.com) by 20 June 2019. Successful applicants will be informed by email before 30 June 2019.
For those proposals accepted, completed manuscript of 8000-10000 words (footnotes included) are to be submitted by 30 August 2019. Selected papers will be published in an edited collection by a reputed international publisher.
More information and call for papers: Multilateral Reform of Investor-State Dispute Resolution - China - CfP.pdf