Asian International Economic Law Network (AIELN)
* * *
The program from the 3rd AIELN Network Conference, held at Ewha Woman's College in Seoul, Korea, in July 2013 can be found here
* * *
4th Asian International Economic Law Network (AIELN) Conference 2015
Call for a venue/hosting institution(s)
The Steering Committee of the Asian International Economic Law Network (AIELN) hereby calls for a venue/hosting institution(s) for the 4th Conference of the Asian International Economic Law Network (AIELN IV), as follows:
- (1) Date of the Conference: July 2015
- (2) General theme of the Conference: To be determined by the prospective hosting institution(s). The prospective hosting institution(s) shall determine the general theme of the Conference, and shall post a call for papers on the website of the Society of International Economic Law (http://www.sielnet.org), soliciting paper proposals that meet the general theme, and select proposals by a triple-blind peer review. The prospective number of the papers to be selected will be 20 to 30.
- (3) Length of the Conference: One and half days to two full days, consisting of 6 to 8 slots (90 to 120 minutes per slot, with 3 to 5 paper presenters per slot), and a separate slot (30 to 45 minutes) for a business meeting of the Steering Committee.
- (4) Required specifications of the conference room and its facilities:
- 1) One medium conference room with the capacity of at least 100 persons, equipped with PC, projector, microphones and a technician, and desirably an Wi-Fi access to the internet;
- 2) Registration desk adjacent to the conference room;
- 3) A space for coffee breaks and luncheons which are preferably within, adjacent or at least nearby the conference room; and
- 4) A space for publishers’ booths (4 to 6 booths) which are preferably nearby the conference room.
- (5) Expected social events:
- 1) Welcome drink or informal dinner reception in the evening before the Conference;
- 2) Dinner in the evening of Day One;
- 3) A lecture by an invited speaker or speakers at either lunch of Day One or Two, or dinner of Day One, or any slot; and
- 4) Farewell dinner in the evening of Day Two.
- (6) Meals and beverages to be served during the Conference;
- 1) Buffet luncheons of Day One and Two;
- 2) Soft drinks and snacks during coffee breaks of Day One and Two (once each in the morning and in the afternoon)
- (7) Budget and funding:
Applicants are required to provide a detailed blueprint for budget and funding. Generally speaking, travel and hotel expenses of the participants (paper presenters) will be on their own, but it is desirable that at least partial support to those participants from least developing countries will be provided by the hosting institution(s). Also, it is desirable that the cost of meals and beverages during the Conference, as well as Conference materials (Conference program and compilation of papers), will be covered by the hosting institution(s).
Application documents, consisting of (1) general theme of the Conference, with a brief explanation (up to 300 words), (2) a brief explanation of the hosting institution(s) (up to 300 words), (3) a brief explanation of the conference room and its facilities (up to 300 words), and (4) a detailed blueprint for budget and funding (WORD or Excel file), shall be submitted to Junji Nakagawa, Chairman of the AIELN Steering Committee (email@example.com), by 30 September 2013.
For further information, please contact Junji Nakagawa (firstname.lastname@example.org).